Explore Florence using these 'hop on, hop off' guided bus tours - set your own route and pace.
There are two distinct tour routes for Florence, one taking in the bulk of the sites both to the north and south of the river Arno (Line A, 18 stops, total time 60 minutes), the other concentrating on a slightly smaller, central section before heading out to Fiesole (an Etruscan hilltop village) and some of the finest views imaginable of the splendid city of Florence (Line B, 24 stops, total time 120 minutes). Line C is available from April - October with 24 stops, total time 120 minutes.
The routes criss-cross each other at multiple points, and you are free to switch from one route to the other as many times as you wish. Tickets are valid for 48 hours, and are also valid for travel with the two local bus companies, 'ATAF' and 'Linea'. The accompanying audio tour is available in 8 different languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Japanese and Chinese). The tours operate on a 'hop-on, hop-off' basis, meaning you may leave and subsequently rejoin the buses at indicated points as often as you like! You can download a (PDF) map showing the routes here.
Line A timings
The 'Line A' tour starts at Piazza Stazione (just outside Santa Maria Novella Station) and has 18 stops to hop off and on. The tour lasts 60 minutes.
- November – March: The first bus leaves at 9.00 AM and the last of the day is at 4.30 PM
- April – June: The first bus leaves at 9.00 AM, and the last of the day is at 6.00 PM
- Tours are 20 - 60 minutes apart depending on the season.
Line B timings
The 'Line B' tour starts at Piazzale Michelangelo. It has 24 stops to hop off and on. The tour lasts 120 minutes.
- November - March: The first bus leaves at 10.15 AM and the last of the day is at 2.15 PM
- March - April: The first bus leaves at 10.05 AM and the last of the day is at 5.05 PM
- May - June: The first bus leaves at 10.05 AM and the last of the day is at 6.05 PM
- July - September: First bus at 10.05 AM and the last at 7.05 PM
- October - November: First bus at 10.15 AM and the last at 17.05
Policy on the admission of pets:
Small/medium domestic animals will be permitted on the bus only on the understanding that they are inoffensive and do not pose a risk to the bus or passengers' security. If the driver at any point decides that the animal poses a risk to passengers or the bus, they can insist that the animal is denied access to, or is removed from the bus, at any point and at their incontestable discretion and with NO right of refund.
The animal must be kept on a leash and muzzle at all times. Animals that cannot for whatever reason use a muzzle must be kept in a pet carrier. The pet carrier must be in good condition, clean, must not contain food, and must not pose a risk to other people on the bus.
4.1 stars out of 5 from 7 ratings.