Why use tickitaly.com?
The information below takes Florence as an example, but the salient points remain the same for pretty much all of our venues. Tickets for the Verona Opera Festival are dealt with entirely differently; we need to print and physically issue the tickets using a courier or the postal service, and there are accordant handling and shipping charges.
It is certainly the case that you do not need to use tickitaly.com to book your tickets for the Uffizi and the Accademia in Florence. You can go directly to source. Not via the web though, at least not easily, nor with much in the way of availability.
Below we've summarised the salient points - hopefully these questions and answers will clear things up:
Tickets for the Uffizi Gallery
Q. What does it cost to book a ticket for the Uffizi directly with the gallery?
A. Booking charge €4 Euro; ticket price €8.00 Euro; additional charge for special shows and events €4.50 Euro. Total price: €16.50 Euro.
Q. What does it cost to book a ticket for the Uffizi online using the services of Tickitaly?
A. Total price: €22.50 Euro.
Tickets for the Accademia
Q. What does it cost to book a ticket for the Accademia directly with the gallery?
A. Booking charge €4 Euro; ticket price €8 Euro; additional charge for special shows and events €4.50 Euro. Total price: €16.50 Euro.
Q. What does it cost to book a ticket for the Accademia online using the services of Tickitaly?
A. Total price: €22.50 Euro.
Q. What are the disadvantages of booking directly for the Uffizi or the Academy, without the help of Tickitaly?
A. 1. You'll receive neither voucher nor booking confirmation slip. Should you arrive to find any sort of problem you'll have no official proof of your reservation.
2. You'd receive no notification of unofficial closures or strikes after having made your booking. These are, regrettably, surprisingly frequent, and tend to be announced at rather short notice.
3. You can only book tickets via telephone, not email.
4. You may well spend some time waiting to get through on the telephone, and their may be language issues.
Q. What are the advantages of booking directly for the Uffizi or the Academy, using the services of Tickitaly?
A. 1. You'll receive via email (usually within 24 hours) a link and a login to a simple web page from where you'll be able to print out your booking voucher(s) that will be presented at the Uffizi and/or Accademia. You'll have proof of your reservation, and, in the unlikely event of anything going awry, you'll be fully reimbursed by Tickitaly should you not gain entry.
2. If we learn of any unscheduled closures that would affect your bookings then we'll let you know (via email) as soon as is possible. We'll attempt to reschedule your visit as per your wishes, and, should this not prove possible, we'll reimburse you in full. Again, such unannounced closures/strikes are not infrequent occurrences.
3. We accept bookings directly through this site, via email request, fax or telephone.
4. You won't spend any time waiting for someone to answer the telephone and process your booking. We will.
To sum up
Yes, booking through tickitaly will cost you 5 or 6 Euro extra per ticket, but you'll have far less to organise and even less to worry about. And, to be frank, the possible 'direct' saving may be largely cancelled out by the cost of 'phoning Italy from overseas.
We would like to wish you a pleasant and relaxing stay in Italy, and would invite you to read the comments of previous tickitaly.com users here. Thank you.
Accademia tickets : Uffizi tickets : Uffizi guided tours : Colosseum tickets : Florence guided tours :
Vatican tickets : Vatican tours : Borghese tickets : Venice Museums : The Last Supper : Last Supper - tours : Verona Opera tickets : Pisa Tower tickets : Pompeii and Naples area tickets